Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dicks & Janes Podcast #2 - still getting started

Okay, so I've run out of room on my .mac account, eh, and had to pull down podcasts #s 21-41, so don't bother looking for them cuz they're gone now, but you can have another peek into the start with this second podcast from spring 2005.

The Music:
Danko/Manual - Drive-By Truckers (Uncut, April 2005)
Jolie Louise - Daniel Lanois (O Canada)
Jealous Guy - Claudine Longet (Mojo - Beatlemania, Vol 2)
Bobbi Got A Job - Catwoman (The Edge 1995 New Music Search)
Goofing at the Table - Jack Kerouac (Poetry for the Beat Generation)
Little Rootie Tootie - Thelonious Monk
Doodlin' - Horace Silver & the Jazz Messengers (Best of Ken Burns Jazz)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://podcast.rbn.com/rstone/rstone/rss/JohnLennon-TheRollingStoneInterview.xml

Hey Dude, and other John Lennon fans, the above is the url of a podcast Rolling Stone magazine put together consisting of a very long interview with John & Yoko they have chopped into bite-sized pieces

Anonymous said...

http://podcast.rbn.com/rstone/rstone
/rss/JohnLennon-
TheRollingStoneInterview.xml

hmm... that didn't work very well, the url got cutoff. I put the url in my ID for this post. If you right click on my nale, you'll get the whole url :)

Anonymous said...

aw phooey!
to heck with it!
it's all in the previous post, just piece it together....

Scarborough Dude said...

Thanks Krash- I downloaded them a while back, and enjoyed hearing the 'real' John Lennon. I have always been a big fan, and still sorry for the loss...

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I've been listening to a "retrospective" of Dicks & Janes on the GO from Appleby Stn., mainly 'cause my local LCBO no longer stocks Sapporo beer and last winter wasn't a good time to be sitting out back listening to D&J anyway. Now I'm backlogged.

So, it's great that you're re-posting the early days. That gives me the chance to complete my personal Dicks & Janes Archives.

BTW... as an exile from the Montreal of the '60's I'm transported back when I hear references to Doug Pringle at CHOM and SGW and all that. And D&J+Sapporo rekindles memories of time in Tokyo so those references flare up too, eh.

Thanks for the memories, Dude. Have a great summer break.

Scarborough Dude said...

Well pmh, you've sure got me scratching my head! I'm trying to fit all the clues together and I just can't come up with a name to fit the initials. Guess maybe we've never met, which is okay - just kinda neat there are pieces of the past we share. Doug Pringle! The original Adam Curry!!

Thanks for listening, and writing in- come again eh!